Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A simple low-fat soup. From Gooseberry Patch The Cozy Home Cookbook.
- 44.37 ml minced garlic
- 1892.72 ml low-fat chicken broth
- 236.59 ml long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 680.38 g cabbage, shredded
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Add garlic, 2 cups chicken broth, and rice to a large soup pot; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer; cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Process rice mixture and 4 cups broth in a blender; return to the soup pot.
- Add remaining 2 cups broth and cabbage.
- Bring to a simmer; simmer for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.