Chef #189239's Note:
This is a delicious cold weather food. The whole family enjoys this... even the kids. That alone is an accomplishment! Serve with a salad and Italian bread and you've got a very filling meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core cabbage and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 2Cover with water in a large pot and boil, covered for 45 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, saute remaining ingredients, except rice and cheese, in oil until tender.
- 4Add cooked cabbage to sauce and thin out to soup consistency with the cabbage water.
- 5Add cheese just before serving.
- 6Spoon soup and some rice into each bowl.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage and Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 681.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g