1/5 Photos of Cabbage and Potato Fry
An Indianised way to cook cabbage, and our favorite preparation of the vegetable. If you have a grinder, take the trouble to roast and grind the coriander seeds - the freshly roasted flavor is worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter, core and shred cabbage.
- 2Heat oil over medium heat.
- 3When hot, add cumin and mustard seeds and wait till they sputter.
- 4Then add finely sliced onion.
- 5Allow onion to soften and then throw in the shredded cabbage.
- 6Add salt, turmeric and coriander powders.
- 7Close pot, reduce heat slightly and allow to cook until cabbage wilts.
- 8As soon as cabbage reduces in volume, add small pieces of diced potatoes and continue cooking on medium heat till potatoes soften and cabbage is tender (while stirring occasionally).
- 9If desired, add in shredded coconut with potatoes as allow to cook as in previous step.
- 10Garnish with coriander sprigs.
- 11Goes well as a low-fat option with parathas.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage and Potato Fry
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g