A great side dish or a meal on its own. This is a Polish/Hungarian dish. Can use bacon but I cut back on that to make it meatless. Also can garnish with poppy seeds. Adding peas for color and nutrition. Bacon is a yummy addition for those that eat meat. Just brown drain most of the fat then add butter and oil and brown onions. Be sure to give the onions a nice brown color using a med high heat.
- Melt butter and olive oil in pan over med high heat.
- Saute onions till golden brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Add cabbage cook till soft, 15 minutes.
- Mix in noodles and frozen peas; season with lots and lots of pepper and salt to taste. (Key here is lots of pepper.).
- Cook 2 minutes and serve.