Recipe by Diana A
Old fashioned cabbage and noodles...not health consious but very good.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written except I didn't measure the egg noodles as I had some leftover from the other evening so used those. We thought this lacked a bit of flavor so I put in two tablespoons of butter. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 1 (12 ounce) packageregular sliced bacon
- 1 (12 ounce) packageextra wide curly egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat large 4-6 quart pot on medium heat.
- 2. Cut entire pkg. of sliced bacon into 1 inch pieces. Add to pot.
- 3. Cook bacon til brown & almost crisp. Don't drain fat.
- 4. While bacon is cooking, chop cabbage into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- 5. When bacon is done add the chopped cabbage, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Cover pan and cook til cabbage is tender. Stir occasionally.
- 6. Meanwhile, boil the noodles in salted water till aldente. Do not overcook.
- 7. When cabbage is tender, add the noodles to it and
- stir. Put lid on and heat together stirring occasionally for
- about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cooking time is approximate. I never really timed it.