Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Old fashioned cabbage and noodles...not health consious but very good.
Make and share this Cabbage and Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Heat large 4-6 quart pot on medium heat.
- 2. Cut entire pkg. of sliced bacon into 1 inch pieces. Add to pot.
- 3. Cook bacon til brown & almost crisp. Don't drain fat.
- 4. While bacon is cooking, chop cabbage into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- 5. When bacon is done add the chopped cabbage, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Cover pan and cook til cabbage is tender. Stir occasionally.
- 6. Meanwhile, boil the noodles in salted water till aldente. Do not overcook.
- 7. When cabbage is tender, add the noodles to it and
- stir. Put lid on and heat together stirring occasionally for
- about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cooking time is approximate. I never really timed it.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written except I didn't measure the egg noodles as I had some leftover from the other evening so used those. We thought this lacked a bit of flavor so I put in two tablespoons of butter. Made for Spring PAC 2010.