Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a dish my husband brought into our family that I fell in love with. Just try it.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 1 (12 ounce) bag wide egg noodles, prepared
- soy sauce (to preference)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Chop up the 1/2 head of cabbage
- Pour 2 tablespoons EVOO into deep frying pan and turn to medium heat.
- Add Cabbage and lightly brown
- Stir in cooked egg noodles and add soy sauce.
I used coleslaw mix instead of cabbage and I enjoyed this without the soy sauce but my oldest really liked it with the soy sauce. My other family members didn't care for it. Made for a nice side dish.
This was wonderful. I altered the size of the recipe for one person (with leftovers). I skipped the soy sauce, only because I was making this with a pork chop. I added caraway seed to match my breading for my pork chop. It was fantastic. I also put in a splash of beer for a little added flavor. I let the beer simmer out, and it flavored the cabbage and noodles with that caraway very nicely. And let me tell you, I had the rest for my lunch today, and the flavors melded so nicely, it even tasted better today than last night. Next time I do this, I'm going to try it with a little onion in it. And I will do it with the soy, because that is what drew me to this in the first place. Thanks for posting such a great recipe.