Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From 500 Practically Fat Free One Pot Cookbook.
- 7 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1/4 cup broth in large saucepan. Add onions, mushrooms and garlic, sauteeing till onions are soft, 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
Great recipe. I did modify it a bit. I used water instead of vegetable broth and added celery and a few pieces of cardamon as well. I also used carrots instead of the potatoes!
I love cabbage & mushrooms. I reduced the cayenne and black pepper significantly. This was so peppery I had to toss the whole pot. I don't know how the other reviewers enjoyed this. I guess it's just not my taste. Sorry
Made for Fall PAC 2012 and I'm glad I did. I cut the recipe in half and used homemade chicken broth because that is what I had. Loved this soup!!!! I will definately make this again for our lunch. Served this with recipe Chicken Crisper Salad#469301. Thank you for posting.