Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Vegitarian recipe that is extremely flavorful; freezes well and tastes great reheated. Easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick carrot
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed caps thickly sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 low-carb flour tortillas
- Heat the oil in a nonstick wok or large deep skillet over high heat until a drop of water sizzles in it. Add the cabbage and carrots; stir fry until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, scallions and garlic; stir fry until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the hoisin sauce and stir fry until heated through about 30 seconds.
- Top each tortilla with half the mixture and if desired 1 teaspoon sour cream. Roll up to enclose the filling.
This is another recipe I made especially for my other half since I'm not terribly fond of cooked cabbage or mushrooms! He loved these fajitas, & I admit I found them very tasty, too, probably because everything wasn't soggy-limp but still a bit crisp! Now that's the way to do these things! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]