Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the prize winning recipe of the week from Aug 17th-23rd'06 in the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Atiya Mussadaq. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 400 g mutton mince, washed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, to garnish
- Stir-fry the onions in a wok in oil.
- Stir in ginger garlic paste, chilli and turmeric powders and salt.
- Add mince and cook until oil leaves the sides of the wok.
- Add some water if necessary.
- Fold in the garam masala powder and cook till it dries.
- Coat the inside of a baking tray with softened ghee.
- Keep aside.
- Now beat eggs in a bowl until light and fluffy, one at a time.
- Add a little salt and beat until nice and fluffy.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the shredded cabbage.
- Now, carefully pour a thin layer of beaten eggs in the greased tray.
- Arrange the mince over the egg layer.
- Cover the mince layer with cabbage and then pour the remaining egg mixture on the cabbage layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven.
- Cut into shapes you like and sprinkle with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with garlic sauce.