Recipe by Ms. MO
My husband didn't think he liked cabbage until I served this. The bacon and onion really give this recipe a lot of flavor.
Top Review by Susie D
Excellent cabbage dish! I omitted the bacon & used apple juice in place of the water. The result was slightly sweet, savory, a wee bit of spicy, and excellent cabbage. TThank you for sharing this recipe! =)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon (reserving drippings in skillet); crumble, and set aside.
- Add next 7 ingredients to bacon drippings. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning cabbage once.
- Add sausage and cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until sausage is heated.
- Transfer to a serving dish with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.