Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 -5 lbs smoked ham
- 1 large onion
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 head cabbage, cut into quarters
- Place thyme, parsley, and onion in a cheese cloth for easy removal after cooking.
- Put ham into a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Add all other ingredients except cabbage and bring to a boil.
- Turn to simmer and cook until veggies are tender.
- Remove the herb bag.
- Add cabbage, simmer for 20 minutes.
- or until cabbage is cooked.
- Remove ham and cut in to pieces.
- Place on the center of a large platter.
- Strain the cabbage and season it with pepper.
- Surround the ham with the cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.