Recipe by Toby Jermain
This is adapted from a recipe by Sheila Lukins that I found in the Sunday newspaper supplement, "Parade". It isn't often that all of the recipes in an article are good, but this goes great with the Deviled Chicken Wings or Red Hot Ribs, which have also been submitted.
Top Review by dianegrapegrower
This was excellent. Added shredded carrots to the veges and thought the sweetness offset the sour/heat of the radish nicely. The colors are beautiful, and the dressing is a real winner. This will return to our table regularly. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, split lengthwise,and shredded crosswise
- 1 medium daikon radish, peeled,cut crosswise in 1 1/2 inch pieces,pieces finely julienned lengthwise
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely julienned
- 3 -4 green onions, sliced lengthwise and julienne pieces cut in 1 1/2 inch long
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine veggies in a medium bowl, and toss to combine.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients, except olive oil, and then slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Pour over veggies, and toss to combine.
- Allow to set at room temperature for about 20 minutes for flavor to develop, taste, and adjust seasonings.
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Best if served within a couple of hours, but still tasty, even though it's a little limp, for several days.