Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from the Whole Foods Market's website. I haven't tried it yet but intend to do so soon. I love cabbage, its nutritional benefits, and low cost. This recipe has some interesting additions that should add some zip. I'll edit this after I make it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups about 1/2 head chopped green cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup medium-grind yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs, such as parsley, dill and thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Toss remaining ingredients together in a large bowl and transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover, top with reserved cheese and bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more.
The flavor of this cabbage was wonderful. I followed the recipe as written. For the herbs, I used parsley, dill and tarragon. Great flavor. The problem was the texture. It was very awkward.... like dry, gritty and pasty. I'd cut the cornmeal in half and maybe add some milk as well. I think that would fix the texture issue. Thanx for sharing.