Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From 365 Easy Mexican Recipes. This is a good side dish to grilled meats. I think pre-shredded carrots would work the best for a better texture.
- 1⁄2 small cabbage, finely shredded (2 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Made for My 3 Chefs June 2012 tag game and what a wise choice. I did add some slivered red onion but otherwise followed the instructions. This was a great hit. Going into my Favorites of 2012. Thank you for posting.