Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Woman's World Irish feast
- 1 head cabbage, sliced in 2-inch slices
- 4 carrots, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed cut lengthwise and sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place cabbage and carrots in a pot filled halfway with water.
- Boil then reduce and cook till tender.
- Drain into colander.
- In empty pot melt butter and saute leeks till tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Return cabbage to pot and mix well.
First I must say I like cabbage!! This recipe just adds a nice sweet mustard taste, a nice change. I added Agave sweetener. Thank you so much!!