Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came about by accident when I opened the fridge to find the only vegetable in there was a cabbage. With a few additions, it actually turned into a delicious and healthy lunch dish!
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 celery ribs, finely sliced
- 1 large cabbage, finely sliced
- 400 g butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- chopped fresh herb, to garnish
- Place all ingredients except herbs and bean in a pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat and simmer for half an hour, adding more water as needed.
- Add the butter beans and cook another 5 minutes or until everything is piping hot.
- Divide between warmed soup bowls and serve with the herbs sprinkled on top.
This is a wonderfully delicious and simple recipe. I shared with my neighbors who also loved it.