Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a sweet and sour alternative to the creamy coleslaw, it's very good, but must chill for 8 hours before serving (overnight is even better!)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 7 cups green cabbage, shredded (use 1 medium cabbage)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsley shredded (squeeze out any excess moisture with hands before adding to the salad)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, vinegar, oil and garlic powder until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, both bell peppers, onion and carrot; toss well to combine.
- Pour the oil/sugar dressing over the; toss well to combine, then season with salt and pepper (the cabbage will shrink into the dressing while chilling).
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight before serving.