Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was an experiment in using what was in my fridge that turned into a success that even my vegetable-phobic kids ended up liking. It's all about the disguise. This was a side dish we ate with some baked chicken.
- 236.59 ml basmati rice
- 1 small cabbage
- 59.16 ml margarine
- 2 stalk celery
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 473.18 ml water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Shred cabbage in food processor.
- Process garlic and celery in food processor until chopped VERY small.
- Melt butter in skillet and add rice, cabbage, celery and garlic.
- Stir until rice is lightly browned and veggies are tender.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle bouillon cubes over the top.
- Pour two cups of water over all.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until rice is tender.