1 hr 5 mins
This was an experiment in using what was in my fridge that turned into a success that even my vegetable-phobic kids ended up liking. It's all about the disguise. This was a side dish we ate with some baked chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Shred cabbage in food processor.
- 3Process garlic and celery in food processor until chopped VERY small.
- 4Melt butter in skillet and add rice, cabbage, celery and garlic.
- 5Stir until rice is lightly browned and veggies are tender.
- 6Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 7Sprinkle bouillon cubes over the top.
- 8Pour two cups of water over all.
- 9Cover with foil and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until rice is tender.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage and Basmati Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes