1/2 Photos of Cabbage and Bacon
Something I've been making for years. If you don't like carraway seeds, use something else-lemon thyme would be good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 small cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons water (approximately)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the onion and bacon and cook until the onion is softened-about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the cabbage, sugar, vinegar, carraway seeds, stock powder and stir over a medium high heat for a couple of minutes or until the cabbage is coated with oil and starting to wilt.
- 3Add a couple of tablespoons of water, cover and cook over a low heat (watch it doesn't burn) for a further 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- 4Stir through the chopped parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.3
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 57.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar