Recipe by Darlene Summers
This recipe comes from an old Lipton Creative Cookery book. It is an excellent recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (red or white)
- 1 medium apple (coarsely chopped)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton golden onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil and cook cabbage with the apple, stirring occasionally.
- Cook 5 minutes or till almost tender.
- Stir in onion soup mix, pepper and apple juice, thoroughly blending with cabbage and apple mixture.
- Simmer uncovered 10 minutes or till cabbage is tender.