Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful for a BBQ! The veggies may be cut and the dressing made one day in advance, refrigerate the veggies in a sealed plastic bag. Cover and refrigerate the dressing. ALL ingredients may be adjusted to suit taste. Remember to add in the chopped apples just before serving, although the recipe states 2 apples, add in as much as you like! Prep time includes marinating time.... This salad is awesome!
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 red bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 -2 carrot, shredded
- 2 large apples, cored and coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is best)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the cabbages, green onions (can use thinly sliced regular onions if desired), green and red bell peppers; toss well to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture; toss well to blend.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 (or more) hours.
- Add in the apple JUST before serving; toss.
Made this as is, evcept used olive oil, instead of vegetable oil. And used some of my wonderful maple syrup. and It was really good. I have been asked to keep this on hand for most of the summer. Big Hit, Thanks Kittencal.