Wonderful for a BBQ! The veggies may be cut and the dressing made one day in advance, refrigerate the veggies in a sealed plastic bag. Cover and refrigerate the dressing. ALL ingredients may be adjusted to suit taste. Remember to add in the chopped apples just before serving, although the recipe states 2 apples, add in as much as you like! Prep time includes marinating time.... This salad is awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 red bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 -2 carrot, shredded
- 2 large apples, cored and coarsley chopped
- 1In a bowl, combine the cabbages, green onions (can use thinly sliced regular onions if desired), green and red bell peppers; toss well to coat.
- 2In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; mix well.
- 3Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture; toss well to blend.
- 4Cover, and refrigerate for 2 (or more) hours.
- 5Add in the apple JUST before serving; toss.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage and Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 201.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g