Recipe by Oolala
Found this in "Kosher Tasty Meals" Kadimah Toras-Moshe Cookbook. This dish is made with matzoh meal.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 6 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium apples, peeled, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cabbage in boiling salted water(1/2 teaspoon per cup of water) and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain and run cold water over it to cool.
- With paper towels, squeeze dry by the handful and place in a mixing bowl. Add egg yolks, margarine, sugar, lemon juice, apples and salt.
- Stir in the matzoh meal.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cabbage mixture.
- Pour into a greased casserole.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour.