Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a 1989 Australian Womens Weekly . Looks and tastes great.Fingerfood that is best made a day ahead or can be frozen, uncooked for 2 months, leaving you with very little to do but pop them in the oven before serving. You can use cabana or the thinner cabanossi.
- 2⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 2 sheets puff pastry, ready rolled
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 cup dried oregano leaves
- 4 sticks cabana
- Spread half the tomato paste over one sheet of pastry.
- Sprinkle with half the parmesan cheese and.
- half the oregano.
- Place one stick of cabanossi along one long edge of pastry and.
- place another stick of cabana along opposite edge.
- Roll up pastry from both edges towards centre.
- Repeat with other pastry sheet and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut rolls into 1cm wide slices, place on lightly greased oven trays.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.