1/1 Photo of C-Watch Fried Mein With Oyster Sauce Beef
1 hr 30 mins
From Firehouse Food. Time is an estimate. This dish features a contrast of chewy and crispy textures.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1 lb fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons asian oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 green onions, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced on the diagonal, for garnish
- 1Coat the flank steak with 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce in a shallow dish and marinate for 30 minutes, turning once. Cut the meat across the grain into very thin slices.
- 2Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with water and ice. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the snap peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Remove the peas from the water with a slotted spoon, reserving the boiling water, and transfer to the ice bath to cool. Drain and set aside.
- 3Cook the noodles in the boiling water for 1 minute less than directed on the package, or until they are al dente; they will be cooked more when fried. Drain well and transfer to a bowl. Toss the noodles in the sesame oil and the remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce. Set aside until ready to fry.
- 4Heat 3 tablespoons of the peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the noodles and flatten them into a pancake using the back of a spatula. Cook without stirring for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Flip over and cook the other side in the same way. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in the skillet over high heat; add the snap peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the water; cover and steam for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- 6Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel. Heat the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the yellow onion and stir-fry for 4 minutes, until soft and golden. Add the meat to the skillet and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the oyster sauce and the cornstarch mixture. Stir to combine and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, until the sauce is thickened to the consistency of gravy.
- 7Divide the noodles into 6 portions and top each with some of the sugar snap peas and beef; garnish with the green onions.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for C-Watch Fried Mein With Oyster Sauce Beef
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 1282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 38.5 g