1/1 Photo of C T's Zucchini Casserole
No cream soups, no tomatoes, please! Adapted from MIL's adaptation of an "old school" WW recipe. Kid-pleaser!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Melt butter in a pan and saute mushrooms, if using, and onion till soft; add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Cool slightly; spray a 2-qt. casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3Combine zucchini, cracker crumbs, bacon and egg.
- 4Add saute mixture to zucchini mixture and mix well.
- 5Pour whole mixture into casserole dish. Top with cheese and bread crumbs.
- 6Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- 7May be frozen before cooking. Thaw 24 hours in fridge before baking. I put cheese and crumbs on the casserole to freeze; MIL freezes them separately to add just before baking.
- 8I use frozen chopped onions, and do not saute them; I add the butter, melted and slightly cooled, to the mixture. I also do not add mushrooms, to prevent a civil uprising.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for C T's Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 213.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g