Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A variation on Swiss steaks. Easy, tasty, inexpensive, and family-friendly! Enjoy with a potato side dish (we like twice-baked, but mashed are great, too), and green beans. Uses a 1.5 qt Crockette. Quantities can be increased for larger Crock Pot.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs round steaks, small enough to fit inside Crockette
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet meat marinade (spice mix)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (I use frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (I use frozen)
- Coat liner of a 1.5 Crockette generously with cooking spray.
- Mix all remaining ingredients until blended.
- Layer meat and sauce, ending with sauce layer.
- Cook for 4-5 hours, until steaks are tender.