Recipe by CheapThrills
Very creamy comfort food. Originally made as OAMC CrockPot meal, and it froze very well. Originally called for yogurt, which separated, so use full-fat sour cream instead. Uses pre-made meatballs (yours or store-bought).
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Spring PAC 2013 and these were delicious and rich. I followed the instructions but next time I might use some yogurt for the sour cream or cut back on both the sour cream and cream cheese but with your recipe#244236#244236 and mashed garlic potatoes this dinner was a hit and one I will make again. Thank you for posting.
- 1 lb frozen meatballs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, torn or cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- If preparing immediately: Thaw meatballs. Place meatballs in CrockPot. Add all additional ingredients. Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- If freezing: Place meatballs in a large freezer zip bag. Add all additional ingredients. Label bag, then double bag.
- To cook from frozen: thaw bag in refrigerator 24 hours. Empty contents into CrockPot and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- To serve either way: cook 2 cups wide whole wheat or white, egg or eggless noodles. Or cook 2 cups brown rice. Serve meatballs and sauce over noodles or rice.
- Good with green beans, beets, carrots, dark green salad.