1/1 Photo of C T's Microwave Krispy Treats
So much easier than the saucepan method! Adapted from the back of a JetPuffed marshmallow package. I've used strawberry and chocolate, and it would work with plain/white if you add a small dash of vanilla. I like to top the bars with sprinkles, nuts, etc. while they're still hot in the pan (so they stick). GREAT for lunchboxes or after-school snacks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray or grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- 2In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter about 45 seconds on high or until melted.
- 3Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Microwave 45 seconds on high. Stir; if not completely melted, put back in microwave for another 30 seconds. Add vanilla if using. Stir again.
- 4Add rice cereal and stir to thoroughly mix.
- 5Press mixture firmly into the pan. Cool completely before cutting into 12 or 24 squares. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in fridge or freezer; thaw before eating.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for C T's Microwave Krispy Treats
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g