Recipe by AlmightyMooX
A delicious, low-fat, high-flavor soup that is a meal in itself. Wonderful aromatics combine with rustic ingredients to produce a delightful and healthy soup!
- 8 ounces chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 2 onions (coarsely diced)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 20 ounces tomatoes (peeled, cubed)
- 8 ounces carrots (sliced, or whole baby carrots)
- 8 ounces corn
- 8 ounces snap peas
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large stock pot with nonstick spray, sweat onions and garlic over low heat (do not brown).
- Add cabbage carrots, and spices, continue to sweat covered, stirring occasionally until cabbage reduces in volume by 1/3.
- Add stock, water, base, and chicken and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add peas, mushrooms, and corn, continue to simmer for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.