Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I had some leftovers,and I wanted to do something with them besides reheat them and serve them the same old way.So, this is what I came up with.By the way, C.O.M.F.Y. stands for, C leaned O ut M y F ridge, Y es ! Casserole.The amounts of the vegetables are what I had on hand, you can change the amounts to suit your tastes. And don't blame me for the name my SO came up with it, :). Submitted to "ZAAR" on May 13th, 2008
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked carrot
- 6 ounces chopped cooked smoked sausage
- 2 1⁄2 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together broccoli,carrots and smoked sausage.
- Then add macaroni and cheese and 4 ounces of colby monterey jack cheese blend,and enough milk to blend all ingredients well.
- Then add the garlic powder and black pepper,mixing well.
- At this point, taste and adjust your seasonings if desired.
- Pour mixture into sprayed dish, and sprinkle remaining co/jack cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy ! :).
Five stars for a "COMFY" treat! When Asked what's for dinner I often reply with a blank look and the word 'casserole'. All encompassing and all comforting! You're my kind of cook!!
Wow, is this good! The name says it all. Thanks for your great easy recipe, Chef shapeweaver.
I have not tried the recipe but just wanted to congratulate on the phrase 'c.o.m.f.y'. I never throw food away and always manage to make something. I have been racking my brains for a term to use instead of 'leftovers' and I think 'comfy recipes' might just fit the bill !!! I am sure this is great