Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great strawberry pie. My 11 year old son and I combined a few recipes and came up with this one. Our family of 5 LOVED it! It is so good! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 pie crust
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 -3 ounce strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons white Karo
- 1 pinch salt
- 1. Pre-Bake Pie Crust according to directions, then Cool.
- 2. In a bowl mix softened Cream Cheese and Powdered sugar.
- 3. Spread Cream Cheese mixture over cooled pie crust.
- 4. Slice Washed Strawberries, I did bit size pieces.
- 5. Arrange strawberries in pie crust.
- 6. In a medium saucepan mix the package of Jell-O,Cornstarch, Water, Sugar, Salt and Karo Syrup.
- 7. Heat until boiling, Stirring ocacasionally.mine thickened up.
- 8. Pour the boiling mixture over the strawberries in crust.
- 9. Place in refrigerator and chill for 3-4 hours or until Jell-O sets.
- 10. Cut and serve, add as much Whip Cream on top as you desire.
Great way to make a strawberry pie, & although the berries I got weren't nearly as tasty as local ones are when in season, they still made for a very satisfying dessert! Definitely a keeper of a recipe & one I'll make several times come summer around here! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]