Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful, refreshing dessert. Tastes just like a C.M.P. sundae! Prep time does not include refrigeration prior to serving.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 18 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- Mix flour, margarine and 1 cup peanuts.
- Mixture will be lumpy.
- Spread into a 9x13 dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and 8 oz cool whip.
- Add to 1st layer that you baked.
- Refrigerate this now, while making the 3rd layer.
- Combine the 2 puddings and milk in a bowl, pour over 2 layers.
- Top the dessert with the other 8 oz of Cool Whip, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate and chill upon serving.
My husband and I are diabetic and have used Splenda instead of the confectioners sugar and instant sugarfree pudding instead of the regular. Tastes just as good and cheating on our special diets. The fat free cream cheese can also be used to cut calories and fat.
This really is delicious, however I've learned a few things about this recipe. Since I am an admitted terrible cook/baker/whatever... mix means mix with a mixer (not a spoon)? and cream cheese should be soft before trying to "mix" with a mixer!! Also, Cool Whip should be no where near frozen!
I loved this! I too am doing it for the 4th of July BBQ we are having. My girls were going crazy. Awesome dessert!