Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
A different twist on potato salad - more kosher dill, olive and parsley flavors than mayo. NOT the typical sweet standard. My Dad, C.J., made this ever since I can remember. A family favorite - no reunion is complete without it! TIP: Slightly undercook the potatoes. If mushy, they don't chop well nor hold their texture. Also, add the olive and pickle juice sparingly to taste. Secret to this dish is NOT TOO WET!!!
- 10 idaho baking potatoes
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 green onions (scallions)
- 1 medium sweet white onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 large kosher dill pickles ("Ma Brown" are best if you can find them)
- 1 cup Spanish olives with pimento
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- olive juice
- pickle juice
- Boil potatoes. Cool and peel. Chop into 1/4 inch thick small pieces.
- Hard boil eggs. Cool and peel. Chop into 1/4 thick small pieces.
- Chop fine: parsley, celery, green onions, white onion, garlic, Kosher dills, olives with pimentos.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Season to taste with olive juice, pickle juice, splash of white vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
The addition of the olives and dill pickles is perfect. Great flavor!