Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is Creamy... Curried... Carrot... Coconut... and Coriander (Cilantro)... Soup. Can you say that three times? Like most of my favourite recipes it's quick and easy. Make as much as you like and stick the leftovers in the freezer.
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (buy it or make your own)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- Put carrots and onion in saucepan with curry powder, garlic and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool a little, then put it in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the pureed mixture back into the saucepan and return it to the stovetop.
- Over low heat, add coconut milk and stir until fully combined and heated through.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and serve with toasted turkish bread soldiers.