Recipe by spare time cook
Basic sugar cookie recipe. Nice and buttery, I use icing to make them special.
Top Review by LDSMom128
These sugar cookies were so good!!! I doubled the recipe to make a biggr batch to last for a week of school lunches and this dough was very easy to do that! I just made them into round shapes, but will be making these for christmas shapes and other times when I use food as gifts. Thanks so much for sharing!!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt, stir into sugar mixture.
- Form dough into flat disc on lightly floured surface; wrap in plastic wrapand chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- On lightly floured board, roll out half of dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out various shapes.
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on rack.
- Variation: Can also use dough to make drop cookies, skip the time to chill the dough in this case.