Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another invented recipe from circa 1970. Of course, it was Mom's homemade macaroni and cheese recipe I used in this sandwich, but I will allow you to use your favorite mac 'n' cheese. The key is to use leftover mac and cheese, not freshly baked. *This being my seven hundredth recipe posted, I had to make it extra special.*
- 2 slices bread, toasted (Wonder Bread-if my memory hasn't failed me!)
- 3⁄4 cup prepared macaroni and cheese, LEFTOVER, warmed (I would FRY the mac 'n' cheese in margarine first!)
- yellow mustard (it was French's-I'm certain of it!)
- Toast the bread and spread with the yellow mustard.
- Pile on the macaroni and cheese.
- Place one slice of bread on top of the pile of mac 'n' cheese. Smoosh it down.
- Sit in front of the TV. Goody, just in time for The Munster's!
Yummy!! Never heard of this before. The mac and cheese and mustard was the perfect combo. Ate this on Russian Rye bread. Even better the next day with cold mac & cheese.