Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are pretty unique. Nice blend of coconut and chocolate.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup flour (sifted)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- Grease 9-inch square pan.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugars and water.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add nuts, coconut, and chocolate pieces, and stir lightly to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into bars and serve.
These were really tasty and not very hard to make. Even after my boyfriend said "I don't like coconut", he chowed down on these. Thanks for the recipe!
I made these because I am a coconut lover ! Than I see it had chocolate in it also and I just had to try them and I am so glad I did !! They were very easy to make and there is not one thing I would change !!They were so good !Great combo !!Will have these for my treats agian!! Thanks!