Recipe by Keen Amateur Ian
This is my first posting, so please be kind! This is a lunch I make for myself when I want something filling but fairly healthy. I am not so sure of the quantities as I am a 'throw it in the pot' kind of guy! But, I hope you all enjoy it anyway. Please feel free to edit as you see fit. (Oh, times at the bottom are purely approx.)
Top Review by Kathy228
Ian, this was very good.Instead of lining a plate with lettuce, I mixed 2-cups shredded lettuce into the chicken-pasta mixture; used 2-cups pasta and 1-1/2 tsp. salt.I will make this again and again. It has a lot of variance possibilities too.
- 2 lean chicken fillets (cooked or uncooked, you preference) or 2 chicken pieces (cooked or uncooked, you preference)
- penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 4 -5 slices lean bacon
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- iceberg lettuce (the amount is entirely up to you)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using uncooked chicken fillets cook as you prefer until nice and white. Please make sure the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Slice chicken fillets into bite size pieces, cover and lay to one side (if using precooked and sliced chicken pieces as I sometimes do, simply leave to one side until needed!).
- Grill/broil lean bacon.
- As bacon is cooking, put the penne into a sauce pan, add boiling water and boil until pasta is as soft or as firm as you prefer (*Optional - add a pinch of salt if you prefer, I never do though).
- Slice the spring onion up into small pieces.
- When the bacon is cooked, slice the bacon up into small-ish pieces.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and empty into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the lettuce and line in a pasta bowl or plate.
- Slice and dice the tomato.
- Add the bacon, chicken, mayo, tomato and spring onion to the pasta.
- With a little elbow grease, mix the primaries together. When everything is sufficiently mixed, spoon out and place on top of the lettuce.
- Bon Appetit!