Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe from one of my favourite cookbooks "Potato - the world's most versatile vegetable". It is based on baked potatoes with a rich, creamy cheese filling - and only has three ingredients! Serves 6 as a side dish.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Scrub potatotes and pat dry.
- Prick each one with a fork.
- Cook directly on middle shelf for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and halve.
- Place halves on baking sheet and make shallow dips in centre of each potato, raising potato up at edges.
- Mix cheese and cream together and divide betwen potatoes.
- Grill (broil) for 5 minutes until cheese has melted and started to bubble.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with sea salt and black pepper.
Somewhat reminescent of twice-baked potatoes but WAY easier! This is a keeper.
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* - Simple recipe that requires only three ingredients, makes a perfect side dish and it's very versatile. If I made this again, I would add chopped fresh parsley on top on the cream/cheese mixture few minutes before taking it out of the oven, having to say this I think it's still perfect the way it is. Thank you Sussan
Both my girls absolutely loved these potatoes and so did Dave and I - yummo! Thank you Susie, these were fabulous with our lamb roast.