Recipe by ByNDii
I've always loved my mum's potato salad, this is my rendition of it :) Hers is the exact same as this minus the honey mustard. I like to think the mustard adds a nice touch! Cooking time doesn't include fridge time - this tastes great having rested a few hours refridgerated after cooking :).
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Definitely an outstanding potato salad, though I did take a couple of liberties with your recipe ~ I cut the amount of bacon in half & used a little over half a pound. Then, I steamed the potatoes & never did peel them, but just cut them into bite-size pieces with the peel, since the 2 of us enjoy them that way most of the time! This is certainly a recipe I plan on making again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 5 potatoes
- 500 g bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cube potatoes, boil in salted water until just cooked, drain and cool.
- Pan-fry the bacon until it reaches your preferenced cooking, I like mine crispy usually but in the potato salad I like it -just- cooked.
- Chop 4 of the eggs roughly, and the other 4 into halves.
- Gently combine the potatoes with all the other ingredients minus the halved eggs.
- Scoop into the serving bowl, and decorate the top with the egg halves. Cover with cling wrap and rest in the fridge for a few hours prior to serving.
- Serve and enjoy :).