I've always loved my mum's potato salad, this is my rendition of it :) Hers is the exact same as this minus the honey mustard. I like to think the mustard adds a nice touch! Cooking time doesn't include fridge time - this tastes great having rested a few hours refridgerated after cooking :).
- Peel and cube potatoes, boil in salted water until just cooked, drain and cool.
- Pan-fry the bacon until it reaches your preferenced cooking, I like mine crispy usually but in the potato salad I like it -just- cooked.
- Chop 4 of the eggs roughly, and the other 4 into halves.
- Gently combine the potatoes with all the other ingredients minus the halved eggs.
- Scoop into the serving bowl, and decorate the top with the egg halves. Cover with cling wrap and rest in the fridge for a few hours prior to serving.
- Serve and enjoy :).
Definitely an outstanding potato salad, though I did take a couple of liberties with your recipe ~ I cut the amount of bacon in half & used a little over half a pound. Then, I steamed the potatoes & never did peel them, but just cut them into bite-size pieces with the peel, since the 2 of us enjoy them that way most of the time! This is certainly a recipe I plan on making again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
Hello from Portugal, well Byndii's I must admit it took me some time deciding whether or not to try this receipe. I've been glued to mine for the last 20yrs. LOL..LOL.. But I ended up on giving yours a try and Im very happy I did!! Its absolutly marvilous, and yes the honey mustard did give it a very nice touch, I just cut the bacon to 200 g, as I can't indulge to much in it. I will be making this again thats for sure. Thank you so much for posting.