Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on a blog called Picky Palate. My DD is allergic to dairy and tree nuts, but I knew I could use coconut oil. So when I found this recipe I had to try it. It has a wonderful hint of coconut flavor, but all the texture and taste of a chocolate chip cookie without any weird shortening/butter substitute flavor. Yummy!
- 1 cup softened virgin coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup sucanat
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup honey, granules
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour (3 cups if using freshly milled soft whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a stand or electric mixer, cream oil and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly add flour, ground pecans, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes, until slightly golden around edges.
- (I substituted 3/4 cup of rolled oats and 1/4 cup of flaxseed for the pecans and put it in my blender to grind them up. You could use just 1 cup of oats, but I wanted to add some flax seeds.).