This is a recipe from 'By Word of Mouth', a restaurant in S. Florida. Servings was not listed with recipe. Please add correction if you wish. Thanks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup blanched sliced almonds
- 2 large seedless oranges
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast halves, with the skin
- 3 stalks celery, peeled and cut into 1 ½ by 1 ½ inch matchsticks
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- mixed baby greens
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Toast almonds on a baking sheet until lightly browned; approximately 8 mins.
- 3Peel the oranges, removing all the bitter white pith.
- 4Cut between the membranes to release the sections.
- 5Cut the sections crosswise in half and transfer to small bowl.
- 6Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 7Add the chicken breasts and simmer over moderate heat until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 8Drain and let cool.
- 9Discard the chicken skin and cut the meat into 1/3 inch diagonal strips.
- 10Transfer to a bowl and stir in the celery, scallions and rosemary.
- 11In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 12Stir in cilantro.
- 13Stir the dressing into the chicken salad, then add the nuts and orange segments and toss gently.
- 14Serve the salad with baby lettuce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for By Word Of Mouth's Lauderdale Orange Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (872 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1123.8
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 220.6 mg
- Sodium 2292.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 83.5 g