Recipe by Messy Kitchen Maid
Pasta Salad with roasted Veggies and fresh grilled Shrimp,fresh basil pesto makes this fabulous! . Enough for a crowd.
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs o large shrimp, peeled
- 8 ounces whole milk mozzarella, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 lb asparagus tips
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar (any vinegar will do)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (to taste)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- salt and pepper
- crouton (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced water chestnuts, rinsed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cubed peppers and other Vegetables on oiled cookie tray and roast.
- in oven at 400 for 10 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- Grill shrimp just until pink with light grill marks showing each side.
- Add Basil,Pine Nuts ,romano cheese to food processor drizzle in 1/2 oil.
- Add lemon juice,vinegar,sugar and remaining oil.
- Taste dressing to add salt and pepper.
- Assemble pasta,veggies,mozzarella,shrimp,water chestnuts together.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- refrigerate for at least 45 mins before serving.
- Add Croutons before serving.