Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another recipe I got out of a cooking for kids cookbook. My daughter likes it b/c it has goldfish crackers in it. I think it is a little bland but being that the recipe is for kids, that's to be expected. You could spice it up if you wanted.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup baby goldfish crackers
- In medium bowl, combine vegetables and tuna.
- Mix in rice, soup and milk.
- Put mixture in a microwave safe 1 1/2 quart dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- Recover and microwave 6-8 minutes more or til rice is tender.
- Stir casserole and sprinkle with crackers.
I actually didn't find this recipe until after I'd made it. I got the exact same recipe off the back of a frozen mixed vegetable bag. I don't eat seafood, so I used canned chicken and Basic Cream Soup Substitute instead of canned cream soup. I also added salt and pepper. It could have used a little more spicing up. It was a nice fast meal for those nights I had little time.