Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gr'ma used to make these when she made strawberry jam. The first time she made them Gr'pa said By Cracky these are good cookies, ever since that is what the family calls them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (not processed cheese)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Blend together butter, cheese, sugar and eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- Pat half the dough into a greased 8" square baking pan, spread with jam, sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Crumble remaining dough over top.
- Bake 375' 30 minutes cool before cutting.
P.S. The cheddar cheese sounds gross, but it doesn't overwhelm at all.
Mmmmmm, these were delicious! A DEFINITE keeper. This tastes a lot like a cobbler, but cuts into squares. I will be making these again. I'd like to try them with different flavors of jam. This recipe gets a 5 for both taste & ease. Thanks!
wanted something different for a potluck. I didn't even get one as they disappeared before I got to the dessert table. Everyone wanted the recipe so I directed them to zaar. Thanks for the hit