Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't eat cheese, so this breakfast casserole is perfect for me. A friend in Texas provided this recipe. My family likes it anytime, especially for breakfast on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage, cooked,crumbled,and drained
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 ounce jar chopped pimiento (optional)
- Mix together and pour into greased 9 x 13 dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 30 minutes or til middle is set.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated--just pop it in the oven the next morning.
Very tasty. We had it for a light supper. I cut recipe in half and baked it in a round 8-inch pan. Very good without cheese, but I will add some next time, to try it that way. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.
Simple and delicious - my family loves cheese, so I add 2 cups shredded cheddar, some salt and peper, and it's fabulous every time :)